The Output of Educational Institutions and the Impact of Learning
- To what level have adults studied?
- How many students finish secondary education and access tertiary education?
- How many students finish tertiary education?
- How many students complete tertiary education?
- How many adults participate in education and learning?
- How does participation in education affect participation in the labour market?
- What are the economic benefits of education?
- What are the incentives to invest in education?
- What are the social outcomes of education?
- What are the economic links with education?
Financial and Human Resources Invested in Education
- How much is spent per student? – Indicator B1
- What proportion of national wealth is spent on education? – Indicator B2
- How much public and private investment is there in education? – Indicator B3
- What is the total public spending on education? – Indicator B4
- How much do tertiary students pay and what public subsidies do they receive? – Indicator B5
- On what services and resources is education funding spent? – Indicator B6
- Which factors influence the level of expenditure? – Indicator B7
Access to Education, Participation and Progression
- Who participates in education? – Indicator C1
- Who studies abroad and where? – Indicator C2
- How successful are students in moving from education to work? – Indicator C3
The Learning Environment and Organisation of Schools
- How much time do students spend in the classroom? – Indicator D1
- What is the student-teacher ratio and how big are classes? – Indicator D2
- How much are teachers paid? – Indicator D3
- How much time do teachers spend teaching? – Indicator D4
- What school choices are available and what measures do countries use to promote or restrict school choice? – Indicator D5
- How can parents influence the education of their children? – Indicator D6
- Who are the teachers? – Indicator D7
- Coding of Missing Data (UOE Source)
- Annex 1: Characteristics of educational systems
- Annex 2: Reference statistics
- Annex 3: Sources, methods and technical notes
[Please note that Indicators D1-D4 and D7 are in the same .PDF document] ….. Chapter A: The output of educational institutions and the impact of learning
….. Chapter B: Financial investment in education
….. Chapter C: Access to education, participation and progression
….. Chapter D: The school environment
………. Indicator D1: How much time do students spend in the classroom?
………. Indicator D2: What is the student-teacher ratio and how big are classes?
………. Indicator D3: What are teacher salaries?
………. Indicator D4: How much time do teachers spend teaching?
………. Indicator D5: School choice
………. Indicator D6: Parent voice
………. Indicator D7: Who are the teachers?
- Online Education Database
Source: “Education at a Glance 2010: OECD Indicators”, see www.oecd.org/edu/eag2010